Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Yo soy el que se fue (track #9)

I AM THE ONE WHO LEFT
© Lucio Arce

I am the one who left, I know
Every time I go back
I am the one who left and I remained
Pinned to my memories
I am the one who left
The things I left behind
Don’t allow me to forget
Friends, coffee
The music and also
Soccer with the guys

I am the one who left and though I cried
I take good care of my nostalgia
I am the one who left and believe me
Distance is not easy
I am the one who left
And when I came to realized
Everything came crashing down
If not you can ask
Cosme, Miguel,
Guille and Alejandra

Maybe that is why I’m always coming back
If all the time I want to know
If my friends still sing my songs
And wait for the moment of seeing me again
Because…

I am the one who left and now I know
How long absence can be
I am the one who left, only to lose
Peace and innocence
I am the one who left
That’s how I came to know
Far away from home
How big the Internet is
How well Gardel sings
How expensive yerba mate (*) is these days

(*) Yerba mate: typical Argentine tea like infusion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home