Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Me estoy viniendo al bajo (track #16)

I’M FALLING APART
© Lucio Arce

It’s sad to know I’m not the man I was before
I have a hard time admitting I’m not the man I used to be
I can’t understand why I don’t have the endurance
I used to boast about way back when
The avalanch of time has fallen upon me
How cruel, how it hurts my poor heart
My lights don’t shine anymore, my self esteem is growing dimmer
I have turned the corner, my bonfire is extinguishing

Yesterday, as I checked my fine gentleman’s figure
Trying on some cool fancy rags
The image in the mirror slapped me in the face
Slow to dodge, I kissed the canvas
The girls on the block greet me as grandpa
My hair is turning white and above the belt line
I carry a bag of potatos, salami and candy
Beer, cake, pizza and baloney

CHORUS:
So what? I know
I’m falling apart
So what? I know
My fifteen minutes are up
But, as you see
Although I’m getting old
I have no complaints
I deprived myself of nothing

Just like that, without a warning, old age is catching up with me
Dammed calendar, wants to destroy me
My body is offside, my head is check mate
No cold compress can ease my sorrow and sadness
Glory has disipated, I’m passed my prime
I’m a museum piece, my flower is whithering
So, as a last wish I ask of you
Give this ugly old man a little of your love

CHORUS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home